Friday 22 December 2006

Remembering why I am in business

The end of the year is always a time for reflection. I think it is worth remembering why I am in business at this time of year:

God has given each of us gifts to use to the best of our ability – by doing so I glorify His name.
God expects us to work and support ourselves and our families – this is part of His purpose for me.
We need to generate wealth to be able to contribute to the work of the church and charities – to support God’s work on earth.
To provide prosperity and jobs in our community – to share God’s blessings to me.
To conduct business in accordance with God’s will and Word – by doing so I act as a light in the business community and point my contemporaries to God.
To serve God, my colleagues, our customers and our community – we are all called to serve in some way. This is my calling.
To generate value for the shareholders that have invested in the company to allow me to do all of the above.

I hope you are able to have a good rest and may this Christmas be a blessing for you and your families as we remember and celebrate Jesus coming to earth and the purpose of His coming.

Merry Christmas
Wayne

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 15 May 2008 at 01:04 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wayne,
I googled my own name and found your blog.

What I find interesting is that we have the same name, same profession (IT), and are roughly the same age. (43).

I don't want anything but to say hello.

Take care.
Wayne Alan Harris

wayne_a_harris@hotmail.com
wayne.a.harris@gmail.com
wayne.harris@css-security.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home